Monday, May 8, 2017

I don't have my life together--Honest Words from Yours Truly







It's been awhile, hasn't it? I unexpectedly took a three-month blogging break, and I actually don't have a single good excuse. I just really didn't feel like writing a blog post. To be honest with you guys, sometimes I feel like I have to fit some "homeschooled Christian teen girl 'blogger mold,' " and live an absolutely perfect life. Great relationships with siblings and parents, perfect friends, incredible writing and photography skills, and a motivation to do lots of schoolwork, bake, write, sew, and kick that TBR list in the butt that I just don't possess. Throughout the past few months, whenever I thought about doing a blog post, I immediately thought: " 'I can't do a blog post, I just fought with my brother,' or, 'I totally handled that situation wrong,' or, 'I'm just in a bad mood today.' "

Recently, I have been learning the value of complete honesty and authenticity. I have always appreciated people who say it how it is, and refuse to sugar-coat the truth. So, that is what I am striving for on this blog. I must admit, in the past, I have made things happening in my life out to seem better on the blog. I can be a pretty self-conscious person, and I oftentimes have little fears that creep in that say "you can't say your day was bad, that makes you look like a bad Christian!" and things like that.

In all honesty, I don't have my life together. I struggle to find the motivation to do school/workout/read/do chores/be productive sometimes. I don't have a perfect family. Sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough, or smart enough, or thin enough. But you know what? That's okay. It's how we respond to these doubts and fears that really matters.

In my life (and blog) I am going to strive for complete authenticity. Care to join me?  :)

3 comments:

  1. Abi, complete honestly is so much more valuable then a cleaned up version of your life. Its also much harder to say, but I really applaud you for trying so hard. Thank you for being honest with us, it is a blessing to see.
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Cause I don't have my life together, either :D I don't fit the perfect Christian homeschooler mold, but I don't think we have to fit the mold. The most important thing is that we love God, and strive to live for and follow Him. In all honesty, even that doesn't go too well the greater part of days. That's why we have His grace, and His mercies are new every morning! It's hard for me to write about bad/hard days, myself. In fact, I was writing about one yesterday just in my journal and it was hard. I like to make myself think I'm perfect. But we do have bad days and sometimes it's for a reason and sometimes it's not. So I understand, and that's great that you are going to try to post honestly! It's difficult, but people appreciate that.
    Best wishes as you continue!
    Jewels <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post! I know I certainly don't fit into that mold you were talking about at all—on almost any day. Thank you for being honest. Like you said, honesty is seen so little but I really appreciate it. (P.S. Love the rose picture!)

    ReplyDelete