Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Thanksgiving Road Trip

 For the week of Thanksgiving, my family went on a trip to New York to see our family. Our week was jam-packed, and I can't believe so many things could have been packed into one week! On Saturday, we were so busy getting ready for our trip. Packing, planning, and wrapping presents for family members. 37 PRESENTS. It was crazy, but I really loved it. By the end of the day, I was exhausted and felt really accomplished.

SUNDAY:

We got up bright and early and headed out! I spent most of the ride looking out the window, talking, eating, and reading.

At a rest stop somewhere

 Mom and I
 Road trip activities
 Lexi layed on my lap almost the entire way.

 Then, we were greeted with a wonderfully crazy surprise: SNOW!!! It was so beautiful, and we only had it for a few minutes. Believe it or not, that was the very first time I ever took pictures of snow.
 We had dinner and visited with our family members.
 MONDAY:

I leaped out of bed and stuck my head by the window. The world was covered with a blanket of snow! We got out our snow stuff and went outside.


 My mom, dad, and I took a walk to my uncle's house while Roby stayed behind to fish.

 Then, slowly the snow began to melt away.
 Shortly after we came home, Roby showed us his 21 inch fish he caught while we were away!

 We went over to my aunt, uncle, and cousins' house for dinner! We played for hours and had a great time.

 TUESDAY:

We went over to my nana and grandpa's house for breakfast and had fun!
 After, we went to my aunt and uncle's house where most of my family was. We ate pizza, drank soda, played games, and ran around for 5 hours.
 WEDNESDAY:

Roby caught another fish!
 Roby's "funny face." We were in the car and acting really goofy! :)
 We met up with my awesome family to hike around a lake!

 The cousins
 A reeeaallly funny thing happened:

Roby: *climbs side of mountain*
Ashton, Josie and I: *follow*
Roby: *heads back down*
Ashton: *follows*
Me: *follows with great difficulty (lol!)*
Josie: *struggles to get back down*
Uncle Josh: *goes up to help Josie, struggles to get back down*
Ashton: *goes up to help*
*the 3 struggle to get down*
Aunt Jessie: *starts videotaping event*
Ashton: *gets down*
Josie: *runs down*
Uncle Josh: *falls on butt*
Everyone: *laughing*
Uncle Josh: "Well that took like 20 minutes"
 My aunt and I stayed behind to make a youtube video for their channel.




 THURSDAY/THANKSGIVING:

We went over to my grandma's house for Thanksgiving!
 It was awesome, and we were all laughing so hard.


 Then, we went over to my aunt's house for another Thanksgiving. I had SO much fun! We ran around for hours and played games, and dinner was great. Then, we went over to my grandpa's house and I ran around with my cousins some more.

FRIDAY/BLACK FRIDAY:

We went with my aunt, uncle, and cousins to the mall to go see the Peanuts Movie. The mall was crazy. Going to the movie theatre was great, and I loved the popcorn! The movie was really cute. We went to bass pro and I got a Christmas present for Roby, and Roby picked out lots of stuff with his gift cards. Then, we went to their house and ran around for hours and watched "Inside Out."

SATURDAY:

We made the trip back home and I was SO TIRED!

Our trip was lots of fun and we made lots of wonderful memories! <3

THE VIDEO MY AUNT AND I MADE:

 
FUN VIDEO CLIPS FROM THE TRIP:
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm glad that you had a lovely weekend!

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had fun. I also went to see the peanuts movie by actually on thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did!! Cool! Did you like it?? I thought it was really cute.

      Delete
  3. Wow, thanksgiving sounds so fun! In my country we don't celebrate it, but Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is great fun! Food, family, *sigh* Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving a little late! Looks like you had an awesome time, thank you so much for sharing! =D Living in the state that only gets snow once every ten years, I haven't been able to get pictures of snow at all, so I really enjoy getting to see other peoples photos.
    Thank you!
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy happy Thanksgiving! Your welcome! I`m so glad you enjoyed this post! That's a bummer...do you like snow? I have been LOVING Pinterest snow photos! Beautiful!

      Delete
    2. Well, I've never seen more then one inch, so I'm not really sure! I do know that I love the fun of playing with snow, but I hate the cold.
      -M-

      Delete
    3. Believe me, lots of snow is AWESOME. Really?! I love the cold!

      Delete
  5. Lovely post!
    Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I am doing a daily post challenge for december over at my blog! ;) If you are interested in doing it as well here is the link to my post:
    http://a-girl-named-elly.blogspot.com/2015/11/daily-december.html

    -Elly <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pictures and I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had so much fun for Thanksgiving! I love snow, it is wonderful when it comes around the holidays!
    Love your blog, girl! I started blogging when I was around your age and I've been doing it for like 4 years now. It's so fun to look back and see how your writing, blogging and just skills in general progress and how your blog grows.
    Love your design too...it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! I agree! Thank you! That is so cool! I know, it is just the coolest to look back on them and see how you have improved! Hehe, thanks to Morning for that one!

      Delete