Friday, January 27, 2017

Mango Muffins & Choking on Water

 Yesterday (Thursday) I made some (healthy) mango muffins. Honestly, I feel like I had more fun baking them than eating them! Baking is a serious stress reliever. Do it! :)
It feels really good to be making a new blog post. My week was boring in the beginning (a mix of rainy and unmotivated, ugh!), but on Thursday, it totally turned around. Last evening Roby and I went to youth group, where we played our weekly game of sock warz. Sock warz is where we throw socks filled with flour at people. Basically. As you may guess, it is filled with sweat and exhaustion.

At the end, a youth leader and some of the boys bring in a couple of bright-orange water coolers. Every time, the boys fight to be the first person to get water, and every time, the youth leaders let the girls go first. There was a certain boy, though, that really wanted water. When he heard he would have to wait, he dramatically doubled over and screamed "NO.. WATER!!!!!" My friend looked over at me and smirked, thus beginning laughing far longer than appropriate and choking on water.

Our birds have really been misbehaving. We have a bird feeder in our backyard, and when filled, we have over 20 birds flapping around the yard. We must drive our neighbors insane. It is a never-ending battle for the bird seed. Some birds-that-shall-not-be-named (DOVES) are bigger than the tiny little tropical birds, and they take full advantage of that, by picking the little birds up by the neck and shaking them around till they scream "uncle! uncle!" Sometimes I feel guilty for causing so much violence.

I am going surfing (for the first time EVER) with a friend on Saturday morning. Pray for me guys! Hi, I'm Abi, the girl who got smashed into the sand three times in a row today at the beach. Oh dear. My brother is coming up with all these crazy scenarios of things that could happen to me while surfing. All I know is, there is gonna be an interesting post on Monday or Tuesday!

Mahalo for Reading!
Abi

P.S. This is my 100th post!!

11 comments:

  1. GAH 100 POSTS?!?!?!? EEP KEEP GOING GIRL. I remember when you first posted - I was like "look a new blogger! AND SHES SO SWEET"

    also I thought you were like 15 lol!! honestly, I missed you so much when you were away and am so glad you're posting way more often now!

    sounds like you're having fun too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julia! That is very sweet of you to say. :) I'm so glad you enjoy reading my posts!

      Delete
  2. I hope you had fun surfing! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Loved talking to you on the phone the other day! :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE baking too, and I usually find it more fun to make the treat than actually eating it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Rachel! Baking is THE BEST. I know, my mom and I always want to bake, even if we don't want lots of desserts laying around the house. Love your blog, Rachel! I really want to try out your recipes. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too, Evangeline! You have a beautiful name. :)

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog and I love it! These mango muffins look delicious! It'll be so interesting to hear about your surfing experience :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm so glad! I am almost done with the blog post about it!! :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your 100th post!!

    https://tizziestidbits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete