Thursday, January 12, 2017

Bellows // the search






Can you spot stairway to heaven?

On Sundays, it is a family tradition of ours to go to the beach after church. It is usually warm, sunny, and breezy, but this Sunday was a little different. After I got "dressed up" for church (aka a gray skirt, tee shirt, and flip-flops), I went outside to refill our bird feeder. I was shocked by how cold and wet it was! The grass was soaking wet and it was only 57 degrees. So chilly, in fact, that the pastor made a comment on how he was forced to wear pants to church that day.

Luckily, when we got out of the service it had warmed up a little and was pretty windy, great beach weather! As recommended by a couple friends, we decided to head to the windward side of the island to go to Bellows, a supposedly "gorgeous, like how could something this beautiful exist" beach. The drive was very fun, because we were searching for Stairway to Heaven (a treacherous, dangerous hike up the side of the mountain usually gone on by daring tourists. it is now illegal, and if you get caught, you can get fined up to 1,000 dollars!).

When we got to Bellows, I realized that our friend was right. It really was gorgeous! The water was light blue and free of rocks, and the sand was warm and white. I immediately got out in the waves on my boogie board. For the next 3 hours I boogie boarded, swam, and body surfed, and I could totally tell I was out in the water because the next day, I felt sore as soon as I woke up and had a sunburn on my face and arms. It was worth it!

I am thinking about doing a Hawaii-theme giveaway. Any goodies you are interesting in getting from Hawaii? Exciting and fun things coming up on the blog soon! Keep checking the blog! :)

Mahalo for reading,
Abi

15 comments:

  1. a coconut in the mail would be so SO SO cool.

    yup do that and if I win, I'll die.

    also I adore your swimsuit xD *runs to tell Bree that you posted*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if someone would want that ;) I'll have to do my research, but I actually think I could do it.

      I know, right?! Very cute indeed. Only the best of all seamstresses could do such a marvelous job.

      Delete
    2. Ah, YES, what she said🔝🔝 THAT WOULD BE OUT OF THIS WORLD AWESOME!

      Delete
    3. You know, coconuts are not only grown in Hawaii. :) We have them where I live.

      :D

      Delete
    4. Yeah, I think you can get a coconut at any grocery store, but there is something special about an authentic, hand painted, Hawaii coconut. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, such pretty pictures!! That looks like a really steep hike. If it's illegal it must be pretty dangerous. I would never be able to get up the courage to do it even if it was legal, haha. xD
    Also, I agree with Julia. LOVE your swimsuit. ;D

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is SUPER steep. Yeah, and I think it is on someone's private property, too. I am afraid of heights, so I couldn't IMAGINE doing that hike. And with the knowledge that it's illegal?!?! Terrifying.

      Haha, thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. OMG I HAVE AWLAYS WANTED TO GO TO HAWAII! I hope I may get to go there after I get married- if not disney land. ;) I actually did a book report on hawaii when I was like... 7? I have always wanted to go there! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I moved here, I always wanted to go to Hawaii after I got married too! Aw, that's so cute!

      Thank you, Morg! You are beautiful!!

      Delete
  4. It really looks so beautiful there, abi! I love the pictures of the birds! You look so tan!! I love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that last picture! I have been getting really into taking bird pictures lately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that picture of the mountain! So pretty!!
    A Hawaiian themed giveaway would be amazingly cool. I've never seen one like that before, so yes, I definitely think you should have one. :)
    Where did you get your bathing outfit? I like it. :)

    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Keep checking the blog... *wink* *wink*
      I got it from http://www.coverupforchrist.com . ;)

      Delete