Saturday, September 17, 2016

13 & Fairytale Forest


Life has been busy--like, too many photos to download into a folder busy.

For my 13th birthday, we drove a couple hours away for a fun cabin camping weekend filled with pop-tarts, pancakes, and Olympic swimming. One day, we decided to go hiking a part of the blue ridge mountains. A guide told us it would be strenuous, and it sure was! The first part was entirely uphill. The view at the top was absolutely breathtaking. It was one of those moments where you think, wow. God made this.

Seriously, it was one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever taken--and when the sun started to set and gave the trees such beautiful lighting-- *sigh*
*sigh*

I honestly can't believe how fast life is going by. In a few weeks, the movers may be coming, and we may be living in a hotel. I am so scared and so excited. But through this whole experience, God has allowed me to draw closer to Him. He has never failed me and is the only one I can constantly rely on.

TV shows will end & I'll turn the last page.

Friends & family will sin sometimes & disappoint us.

I will disappoint myself.
----------------------------
Things won't totally live up to our expectations.

God will, and more.

I am slowly starting to learn. all I have is christ




But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions,in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 corinthians 12: 9-10

What has God been teaching you recently?
Did you think I was dead? ;)

8 comments:

  1. Happy late birthday, Abi! Gosh, everything sounds super exciting for you, but you're right that all we have is Him so we need to trust in Him.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh happy birthday. latee birthday! those pictures are awesome! I'm so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) Birthday! THESE PHOTOS ARE GORGOUS BTW. Trees + Sunlight = Pure perfection.

    I wouldn't go so far as to jump to the conclusion that you were DEAD, but I have missed you posting more often, I understand you've been totally crazy busy though and YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT all we have is Christ, and all we need is Him, and that's so amazingly beautiful and good luck with everything Abi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're back! I knew you weren't dead :P

    God has been teaching me lot's of things, too many to list!

    Have a great day! :)

    With love and all joy,
    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I love this, and totally needed to hear it.
    He is all we have. Resting in that?
    Still struggling right there with you.
    Just found your blog and I'm loving looking around!
    -elissa
    letters-to-jayna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy late birthday!!!!!!!! I took an extra long blogging break too! :D I just started a new blog though!!! I loved this post your photos are always so beautiful!

    Kiley

    thecountrygurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos Abigail! This was an amazing post to read!
    Saanvi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post! Love the pictures :)

    xx.Soph//achristianteenslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete