Friday, August 19, 2016

Fear and Palm Trees

Up until now, I have been viewing this move to Hawaii through rose-colored glasses. I've spent a majority of my free time daydreaming about the sand, waves, and palm trees. Thinking about the new thrift shops and gift shops we can check out when we get there in just three months. If I ever thought about leaving my home here, I would quickly push the thought from my mind.

I'll love it so much there, I won't even miss my home here!

The other day, my mom was talking about our possible new church and my new youth group, while I got out my books to get started on school. At that moment, realization dawned on me. To get to Hawaii, we needed to leave. Leave our house, leave much of our stuff. Say goodbye to my youth group and dearest friends, knowing I may not see them again until heaven.

Say hello to the next part of God's plan for our lives. Say hello to my new church, youth group, and dearest friends.

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God is in Virginia, and he is in Hawaii. He is simply waiting for us to put our faith in Him so He can continue to put his incredible plan in action.

I'm ready.

Joshua 1:9  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

6 comments:

  1. Amen. I'm so glad that you have learned lots for your move! :)

    Have a good week!

    With love and all joy,
    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Me too! God has used this to strengthen my faith so much!! <3

      Delete
  2. That's so true, Abigail.
    That's so neat you're moving to Hawaii. Have you started learning Hawaiian yet? :)
    Aloha! I know a couple words in Hawaiian. What island will you be living on?

    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! "Aloha!" *waves* aannd that's all I know... hopefully that will improve in the coming months. I will be living on Oahu!

      Delete
  3. Wait. I'm sorry.
    What?!
    You're moving to Hawaii?!
    When is happening?! That's amazing!
    I'm sure it would be terrified to move to a new place, but the Lord will be your comfort and strength.

    Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously love this comment so much! I am moving to Hawaii in December! :) I don't know what I would do if I couldn't rely on the Lord--probably freak out, I guess. ;)

      Delete