Saturday, May 21, 2016

We Broke a Record!

 


"May 6, 2016--" hehe... I may like writing blog posts, but I also like procrastinating. I really need to work on that!
Our summer agenda has been quickly filling up with plans of trips to NY, sun-filled days at the pool, the summer reading program, trips and visits with friends, a fun birthday camping trip in August, mornings at cafe's, afternoons at Chick-fil-a.
Lots of good moments God has planned for us.
A family from church has asked me to be a mother's helper for their family--meaning, I watch the kids while their mom does things around the house. I'm so excited for it!
A little while back we heard a knock on our door--only to find our adorable 3-year-old neighbor standing on our porch! He asked Roby and I if we could go over to his house to jump on his trampoline. We went over, jumped on his trampoline, played with his huge dog, and his mom came out and gave us popsicles. ;) He is so adorable!
Mom and I watched Pride and Prejudice (the 2008 version). I thought it was... okay. I just thought it was a little sad that all Elizabeth's sisters cared about was getting married. I want to watch the other version and see what I think about it.

Something... crazy happened. It rained for 15 days straight at our house, which is a record! I love rain, but I was starting to get a little bored with it, and restless. Thankfully, we had several days of sunshine afterword, but now it is raining again and won't stop 'till Monday. Any ideas to beat rainy-day boredom?

I am in the biggest reading rut ever. Just to get an idea, I started a book 18 days ago and am not even halfway done with it (AND it's not a super long book!). Let's just blame it on the rain. ;)

I'm going to be babysitting a little boy on Tuesday and I'm SO EXCITED!
It was my dad's birthday recently and we celebrated by decorating the kitchen with streamers and making an awesome cake.
I decided I wanted fondant on the cake, and I found a super simple one online. It just took me longer to make than it suggested, because I--well, kinda forgot to follow the directions. You're supposed to put something in before something else, but I totally ignored that part, causing me to have to go back and put it in the right order. oops. (also, we don't have a "2" candle, so I substituted...and the cake's leaning a bit... don't worry, it tasted great!)






Yesterday morning Roby and I went over to a friend's house to help her get ready to take pictures for renting out her house--if that made any sense. :D I scrubbed, wiped, sprayed, organized, and mopped her whole kitchen 'till it sparkled. We had lots of fun with her. :)

We have been feeling under the weather lately--cough drops (ours are actually really good, they taste like candy!), tissues, & Nyquil here we come! Luckily, these wonderful inspirational quotes on cough drop wrappers are there to help me through it! :D
I took the 4 following photos a long time ago, but I just had to share them. :)


 Sunday breakfast
 Okay, who's ready for a weird story? I was going to share this in my last post, but it got so long, and I didn't want to make it any longer. Roby and I were playing Frisbee in our front yard when Roby threw it and it landed on the neighbors' roof. dun, dun, DUN!

We did what any normal person would do, and cut down a piece of bamboo and carried it to our house. People came onto their porches to watch us lug the huge piece of bamboo down the street. We must have been a pretty crazy sight. ;) Roby tried to use it to get the Frisbee down (with our neighbors' permission, of course) no avail.

We tried a different method, by forgetting about it while we were on vacation. When we got back and saw it was still there, we called it a goner. A few days ago, the maintenance men came by and were on the neighbors' roof--and, they got the Frisbee down! Yay!
Enjoy your summer! <3

5 comments:

  1. Your summer sounds like so much fun! Afternoons at Chick-fil-a-- I finally now know what it is! We don't have it where I live, but since I'm traveling right now, I actually have an idea of what it is. The problem is, I have abseloutely no idea whether we'll be trying to sometime soon.

    Being a mother's helper sounds awesome! And that three-year-old neighbor is too adorable for words! As for when it rains consecutively, I suggest to either play capture the flag in the rain, OR set up a huge blanket fort to not take down until after it rains. Because, why not? Capture the flag in the rain and blanket forts are just cool.

    Cakes-- always have to follow instructions! You're probably a better cook than I am because you usually follow instructions-- I rarely ever do, food wise! And what? You have bamboo where you live? Lucky. We only a pine cone trees. XD

    Hopefully your summer continues to be amazing! It sure does have a good start.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer sounds pretty amazing so far!! :D

    (BYW, the older Pride and Prejudice is way better. ;)

    Ahhh, rain, it's great, but yeah, it can get boring after a couple of days, just find some crazy, random things to do, make a music video, go and dance in the rain, try a crazy new DIY from Pinterest, do anything! I also understand the not-wanting-to-read when it's raining thing, I always seemed to get really glued to a book when it's super nice outside. Unless it's winter, I do a ton of reading in the winter. ;)

    BTW, what did the fondant taste like? I hardly ever follow instructions EXACTLY, even if I do almost everything according to the directions, there is always one or two things I don't bother doing.

    I like how you just a giant piece of bamboo lying around, you guys are awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGH!!!! I L O V E chick-fil-a!!!!!!! Great post!!!


    http://thecountrygurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got the same weather!!!
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful pictures abi! Tell your dad I say a very happy belated birthday! I need to get better with writing such things down on the calendar. Lol! :) I love you so much and I'm so proud of you. The babysitting job sounds so great and I know you will be such a blessing as you always are. ((So many hugs))

    ReplyDelete