Tuesday, April 5, 2016

How Chewbacca Stole Easter

 Our Easter was great--good church service, good music, cute black & white chevron skirt to wear, good jellybeans, good friends, good family. But do you know what made it even better? When Roby and I got downstairs to see what we got for Easter, the first thing I saw was a star wars logo. And you have no idea how happy that made me. I freaked out when I saw that it was...

A KYLO REN LIGHTSABER!
(and btw, I really like Kylo Ren)
 Roby announced that he had gotten a Chewbacca mask, and it was so cool! The mouth opened when Roby opened his mouth, and out came the iconic Chewie howl.

During a break in schoolwork the other day, Roby was acting crazy and started dancing with his mask on, and my mom pulled out her phone to videotape him. Lets just say, that video has become a huge hit in our house. :) We sent it to my aunt Jessica. Due to Roby's slight embarrassment, we can't share it with any other people. Mom and Roby made a deal before she sent it--"Only show aunt Jessie, okay?"

(these pictures were quite a hassle to take, brothers are sooo cooperative!)
 "Catch me if you can, cottontail!"



 I am realizing more and more everyday that my life is like one big embarrassing story. ;)



 Okay, I have come up with the greatest compromise ever, and I'm not sure why more people don't try this! When it is too cold out to wear shorts, but you don't want to wear pants (basically me every day), wear pants, and roll up the bottoms 3-4 times. Viola! Instant capris! :)


 We were recommended "The Great British Baking Show" by some awesome people (wink, wink) and it is such a great show! They treat each other so kindly, it just makes me happy.








 Messing around with my new tripod. :)
Thanks for reading! You are so, so loved.
 
xoxo,

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a good Easter and week after! :)

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Abby!
    I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you for the Liebster Award. I hope you'll enjoy it!
    Here's the link to mine: http://myjoyfuljourneywithjesus.blogspot.com/2016/04/liebster-award.html
    Blessings,
    Julia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (extremely belated!) Easter!
    I like the photos, and your new blog design! Kudos to whoever made it.
    -Elsa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Allie made it (there is a link to her design blog at the bottom of the page)! Isn't it adorable?!?!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for telling me who made your design, now I am going to drop by on one of Allie's blogs and tell her I adore it!

      Delete
  4. First time visiter here. I didn't expect Chewbacca to show up the minute I arrived on your blog, for a second I was kind of scared, hahaha.
    Nice pictures, they make me want to go out too :)

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha! Sorry about that, my blog's kind of crazy...

      Delete