Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Message in a bottle.. Or not.


It is crazy how often someone in our family says they are going to make popcorn... and how quickly it gets eaten up! We are just crazy popcorn fanatics. Or extremists, or devotees. Wow, loving the online thesaurus right now! :)
Dad, Roby and I were walking along the river that is a short drive away from our home. My dad called me over to where he was and showed me a glass bottle he had found on the ground--and something was inside it!! On the car ride home we talked about what we thought it could be, and my dad was saying how cool it would be if inside was a message with someone's address on it so we could email them!

When we got home I took the cork off and after about ten minutes of maneuvering we finally got it out--and it turned out to be a ziploc bag filled with sand. Yeah, crushing disappointment!
What do you think of all this crazy spring weather? It is always so exciting in the springtime to point out little purple flowers (some call them weeds... I call them flowers!) on the ground or a new tulip bud to my mom.

I've been on goodreads a lot lately... it is so awesome! Here's the link to my account.


We (mom, Roby, and I) got home after running some errands (we got our pictures taken!!) and came home to this on the table and my dad standing next to it. Great work, dad! :D




Hey, notice what was in my tabs? I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Noveltea. :)

I really appreciate all the sweet comments on my last post. Thank you for all you do! You inspire me!

xoxo,

12 comments:

  1. That certainly is a crushing disappointment, about the bottle. Goodreads is great!

    I have been praying for your family. Y'all have been on my mind lately.

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but it sure was fun finding it! It is! Really? Thank you! That's actually the first time someone has said that to me. Thanks so much for praying for us, God is so good!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, my family is pretty obsessed with popcorn too, but it sounds like they're not quite as obsessed as yours. ;) Popcorn is really awesome though.
    Dude, it would have been so awesome if it had actually been a message in a bottle! my friend and I sent a message in a bottle once, I forgot what we wrote in it...wonder if anyone ever found it..
    Awesome post and pictures! I love your blog. :D
    -Hannah M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Who doesn't like popcorn?? I know! Wouldn't it have been cool if I had found your bottle?! Too bad there wasn't a message in it. :( Thank you so much! You just made me so happy. :)

      Delete
  3. Fun pictures!! Have you read Princess Academy!!??? That is one of my all time favorite books! I have read, and re read it SOOO many times! I love it, and can't recommend it enough!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually reading it right now!! I haven't gotten past the first chapter yet, but now I'm super excited! Thanks for the comment and follow!

      Delete
  4. Oh, that cookie cake! Love it! Once again, beautiful job on the pictures! I wish that bottle had a letter inside! Are you guys going to try to send one off to sea?! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was ammaazziinngggg! Thank you!! Yeah, me too! Yep! We're going to the beach soon, so we'll probably do it then. I love you too!

      Delete
  5. Fun post! Too bad about the bottle...... :P
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a bummer, but it was an exciting experience!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for following my blog!! I really like yours too. :)

      Delete