Thursday, February 18, 2016

We are the crazy ones


Over the weekend, my parents, brother, uncle, aunt, and cousins Oliver, Markus, and Gideon met up in Maryland and stayed in a cabin for a weekend of fun. We made lots of noise and great memories. We're such a crazy bunch. :)

Friday:

We drove to the cabin and waited for the rest of our family to get there. It was fun "touring" the cabin and watching Roby attempt to snowboard down the hills in back and front of the cabin.

This is Roby testing out the ice. It eventually got so cold, that we could actually sled down the frozen stream!



They're here! We helped them unpack and all us cousins had a pillow fight in the living room, until my mom called us into the kitchen and told us she had a surprise for us. She grabbed a bag and pulled out a big saran wrap ball. She told us there were prizes inside the ball, and that we had to take turns trying to get them out.

We all stood around the table, and mom began to unwrap the ball as fast as she could as Markus tried to roll a 1 on the die. Once he got a 1, mom passed the ball to him and my dad tried to roll a 1. It went on around the table like that until chocolate hearts and slingshots and woopie cushions showered the kitchen. When the ball was passed to Oliver, he unraveled the best prize of all--$2 each for all the kids!


Saturday:

an afternoon of fort building, cookie decorating, hungry hippos, popcorn, nerf wars, and sledding



our (very) messy counter

Sunday/Valentine's Day:


We took a trip to town


We found this one shop--I fell in love immediately! As soon as my mom walked in, she even said "Oh, Abi would love this!" It was so Pinterest-y.




these are the moments I will remember forever

we also found an adorable bookstore, where I bought a Nancy Drew book to add to my collection!


Monday:
me, Oliver, & Aunt Amy (notice the duct tape on my sled? yep, that's the result of reckless sledding!)



my cousins are the CUTEST!



P.S. I'm having a contest!

12 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!! How fun!!!!!!!!! Seriously, you will always cherish those days and the pictures you took.. Oh I wish I could explore those shops! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! :) Yes, and that's a wonderful thing about blogging--you can always look back and read the old memories. I could spend hours in them! ;)

      Delete
  2. That is such a cute town! Look like you had fun :)

    http://hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? We did! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh! I live on the East Coast.I'm glad you had such a fun time. It is beautiful in Maryland...if you like it in the winter you'll LOVE it in the Spring. Everything is a-lit and a-bloom, and the giant tall trees are the brightest, biggest, greenest things you've ever seen.
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like fun!

    I AM SO JEALOUS OF THE SNOW OH MY GOODNESS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, why didn't you tell me sooner, we could have met! (I live in MD, it's beautiful. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you live in Maryland! Isn't it GORGEOUS?!

      Delete
  6. I think I've fallen in love with these pictures, they're so beautiful. I really want to go to Maryland now, but I live in the Netherlands. It'll be a while before I can go to the US on my own :P
    New follower here :)

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You've just made my day ;)

      Delete