Tuesday, February 16, 2016

1 Year Blogiversary & Photo Caption Contest!


 I cannot believe that today is my ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY! One year ago, today, I was bored and sat down at the computer one evening after learning that I would have a snow day the next day. I had been reading my aunt's blog and was greatly inspired to create my own, so I went on blogger and had fun picking a name (which at the time was "AbiGraceful") and deciding on which template to use. I had never intended to blog for more than that week. I wrote my first post (which you can view here) about snow and my posting plans, complete with terrible (!!) photos I took on the laptop.

I decided that I really enjoyed making that post, so I made another one. And another one, and another one, and... you get the point. I discovered that the laptop doesn't take the best photos, so I borrowed my dad's camera so I could take some better photos. You can see my first photos I took on that camera here. I really loved taking photos, and was starting to save up my money for a better quality camera. As a 6th grade graduation gift, my parents surprised me with a Fujifilm Finepix s8600 (read about that here)! Since then, I have had a blast taking thousands of photos, many ending up in my blog posts.

Now, here I am, 1 year and 31 followers later!

 
I decided that it would be fun to do a photo caption contest. I took this crazy and random photo over the weekend, and I'd like you to come up with a crazy caption to match it.


 
Comment below with your crazy caption for this photo


 
I can only ship to the U.S.
Only one photo caption per person
There will be only one winner
This contest starts Feb. 16 and ends March 1st
When the contest ends, I will post all the entries on my blog and you can vote on which one is your favorite from March 1st through March 8th

The winner will receive...

a copy of the book, "Kisses from Katie"!



This book has blessed me in so many ways, and I pray it will bless you, too!

Okay,

ready,

set,

GO!!!


P.S. What do you think of my new blog design?

16 comments:

  1. First love I love your new design. That deer is so cute!

    Second here is my caption: Lounging on the couch making up my plan for world domination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abi, I am so proud of you and I miss you so very much. I love you with all my heart and think of you so often. <3 (so many hugs!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I miss you toooo! I think of you every day. Sometimes I'll see something and think, "oh, aunt Jess would like this!" :)

      Delete
    2. I do the same about you! Call me anytime! I miss your voice!

      Delete
  3. Happy one year birthday to your blog, I love your new design!

    Lauren | Pretty Things & Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy one year blogiversary.
    Hmm. A caption? I don't know. Maybe, making a face at Abi as she takes a picture and getting ready to grab the little boy...the unsuspecting boy...
    That is all I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My entry:

    "Oh no, not a thing unusual is happening here"

    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I had a hard time with this...but I'm sticking with the first one that popped in my head. lol!

    "Just a normal day with the fam!" ;)

    ReplyDelete