Tuesday, December 15, 2015

(Countdown to Christmas #2) Gingerbread House Fails & other humorous tales




We had the grand ol' idea of making a couple gingerbread houses. Roby and I set everything up, and got to work. After some time, Roby's gingerbread walls and roof slid off, and he gave up. Mom was set to the task of fixing his poor fractured house. Everything was looking good, until my back wall tried to give in. "Nooooo!" My mom was putting cute swirls of frosting on her house, until she accidentally popped a big hole in her icing bag, and a lot more icing came out then which she intended to. Her house was very delicious. :)

WE'RE GOING ON A TRIP! We are planning a trip to the beach for the very beginning of summer, and it will be amazing. :) We have been having a ton of fun with advent. We are doing a construction paper ring, where you take off a strip of paper every day, and two chocolate advents. I am so crazy excited for Christmas! Just click this link and you'll know what I mean. I sent my cousin, Allie, some Christmas presents, and she sent me something back!! She sent me this cool, very detailed coloring book of nature and things like that. I just finished one picture today, and it took me a really long time!

A couple years ago, my mom got this cute new nativity scene. They are all (as in Mary, Joseph, an angel, and animals) stuffed animals with beans on the bottoms so they stand upright. We had it under the Christmas tree last year, and apparently our dog, Lexi, really liked baby Jesus. One day my mom came downstairs to find that Lexi had taken baby Jesus out and was walking around with him in her mouth! :D Now, we don't put it underneath the tree!

Our tree is SO FULL of presents! Yesterday, I got something in the mail that I ordered for my mom for Christmas. It is so awesome and I can't wait for her to open it! I am completely done with my Christmas present shopping/making, and that makes me feel really good. I can't wait to open one present on Christmas Eve! My mom already has the one that we will open then. There is nothing like that satisfying feeling of being able to rip off that wrapping paper after wondering what it was for so long! <3

ALSO, the Author of my Hope blog is on Facebook now! Click here and go ahead and give it a like!

Are you excited for Christmas? (I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one!)
What are some of your family's Christmas traditions?
Are you a good gingerbread house decorator?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome ginger bread houses, they look delicious! Merry Christmas to you, and everybody who reads this comment OO!

    ReplyDelete