Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Interview with Julia -- Writing for His Glory

(my photo)

Why did you start blogging?
    Well..partly because my sister blogged (LOL) and also because I felt like sharing my love for writing and expressing myself through words. I am not a very wordy person, but I do love talking! hehe! After much prayer, I felt God was giving me the name "Writing for His Glory". I was ecstatic - and ready to post for my Lord and Savior! 

How did you come up with your blog name?

  As I said above, I felt God pressing on my heart the name. When I tried to think up any other name, Writing for His Glory kept coming to mind. After a while, I asked my mom what she thought of the name. I can vividly remember her looking at me and saying "ooh, I love it!!". And..that started my blogging adventure!

What are your favorite activities?

 Ohhh, I love this type of question! I'm not a very crafty person, but I do enjoy art. I guess you'd call it my stress reliever. Ohh, and gardening and canning! Being outdoors is so amazing, and hey, being in dirt is too!  I am a HUGE reader.  I also love baking and playing with my siblings. I love so many things that it would be hard to say one or two! I also love music!  I am always listening to music. And, now this fall I may be starting piano lessons! Yay!!  
Who is your inspiration?
Woah- I have actually never thought of this! My parents are amazing..they always inspire me to reach higher to God - to trust more, lean on Him only, and to bring anything and everything to Him. They show me that nothing is impossible with God...they truly inspire me. And, my sisters (Bree, who is older than me.. and Sarah who is younger than me). I'm not kidding you. These girls are amazing. They can practically figure anything and everything out when it comes to computer, crafts, etc. They somehow endure my crazy moments and my grumpy ones..like I said amazing. :P haha! 

What would you prefer--camping or staying in a hotel?

 Camping!! But I would like to be able to wash my hair.. ;) 
Skirts or dresses?
 I prefer skirts..but dresses are lovely for special events! 

What is one thing most people don't know about you?

Eeekk.. you! ;) Let me think.. I LOVE Louis Armstrong jazz! And since that is rather boring, haha, here is another. It took me until I was 11 to learn how to braid my hair..and that was only because Bree told me that I needed to learn how to do it myself instead of her doing it all the time! So..after some frustrated tears, I figured it out and wore braids for a whole year through. :P lol! 
Favorite book?
 I would have to say "The Lost Pearle" by Mrs. Georgie Sheldon. :D It was aaammmmaaazzing

How do you see yourself in 20 years?

Well... I would LOVE to be a mom. ;) But, if not a mom, then a missionary nurse/midwife/doula somewhere. :) (and uh, being 35 sounds sooo bad. hehe)
Describe your bedroom.
 Other than messy? ;) Well! Full of books...like I think I have close to 90 in here. Sunny and cold (I like to be cold haha!), roomy (I used to share a tiny room with my sister and now that I have my own, it feels huge!), and comfortable. I love my bedroom. :D

What is your favorite thing to do in the summertime?

Oh, to sit.. under trees, on swings, bikes, on the freshly cut grass. If I could bottle up summer and keep it forever, I would do it in a heartbeat. Skip thanksgiving, skip snow - I WANT SUMMER! lol! I also love gardening. ;) And berry picking...and climbing trees (well more like rescuing my brothers out of the trees lol)..and oh, summer. Haha, I should stop now. :D
 
I hope you enjoyed this amazing interview with Julia, who blogs at Writing for His Glory! She interviewed me on her blog, which you can view here. Have a great Veterans Day!

6 comments: