Monday, October 26, 2015

Book Review: Nancy Drew Diaries: Curse of the Artic Star

Hello! Today I will be reviewing "Nancy Drew Diaries: Curse of the Artic Star" This book is the first book in the series Nancy Drew Diaries. I am a big fan of the original Nancy Drew books, so I was very excited to read this! This book is a modern version of the original Nancy Drew Series.

My rating: 3 out of 5 stars


-This book is fun and easy to read.
 
-This book is fast-paced, with something new happening in every chapter, so I never got bored.
 
-I love the idea of solving a mystery on a cruise ship!
 
-The ending was completely unexpected, and I was shocked!
 

 -There were so many new characters, so I could never remember their names, and I kept getting them mixed-up.

-I was disappointed to discover that this book only has 2 diary entries, one in the beginning, and one at the end. It didn't make much since to me because the title of the series is "Nancy Drew Diaries"...

-Nancy treats Alan, Bess's new boyfriend, like chopped liver, and complains all the time that they had to bring him along on the cruise. I think the book would have been a lot more fun and interesting if Alan played an important role in solving the mystery.

-Nancy says a lot of "uh" and "um" and never seems to know the right thing to say.

-Nancy never really tries to solve the mystery, she just seems to observe the things that are happening and nothing else.

-This is NOT a stand-alone book! There was quite a few mysteries that were unsolved at the end of the story. This was very frustrating to me, because I only have the first book.
 
Girls ages 8-10
 
This book is great for beginning readers, and a great introduction to the Nancy Drew series!
 
Check out the Her Interactive website! (by the way, there is some AWESOME stuff for Nancy Drew fans on there!)
 
 
 
 
*This book was send to me by Her Interactive in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the other series besides the originals as far as Nancy Drew goes. I saw this book at the bookstore, though. Maybe I should try it. :)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a Nancy Drew fan?? What is your favorite book in the series? It was a very interesting book to read, because it was a modern twist to the originals. :)

      Delete
  2. Great review! I think I'm going to be doing some book reviews in the near future! :)

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also just wanted to tell you about a GIFT SWAP that I'm having on my blog Spreading My Joy. I would love it if you could be a participant! :)

      Allie D.
      www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I can't wait to see them! I don't think I will be able to participate in the gift swap, because I am working on another one right now. :(

      Delete
  3. Awesome review, I might try this book out!
    Elsie http://the101blog101.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, detailed review Abi! I would like to get some Nancy Drew books to read out loud to Josie. This was very helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This would be a great book to read to Josie! :)

      Delete