Thursday, October 29, 2015

apple picking || trapped in a corn maze

 ^Roby's squinty face...lol!^







 ^again more squinty faces...^





 ^the "perfect" apple^
Hiya! How are you doing?? I haven't been blogging very much lately because of lack of inspiration... but there is some awesome stuff coming soon! I have been very busy enjoying fall. I went apple picking with my family a couple weeks ago, and we got 2 half bushels of apples...and if you know math, then you know how many bushels we got. ;) My mom made us apple crisp with some of the apples, and topped it with vanilla ice cream...yummm. We also made apple sauce twice, and that takes a while! The first time around, I chopped up the apples into slices while taking a break from schoolwork, and the second time, somehow I managed to cut my finger...twice. *facepalm*

FUN FACT: I am allergic to band-aids.

I went on a youth group trip to a harvest festival, and had so much fun! It diffidently was a highlight from my month. There was a corn maze (or a "maize maze" as they called it), a barn that was covered with hay and had rope swings inside, a store, a trampoline-thingy, and slides up on a hill. We had a "home base" and that was a campfire, where the youth group leaders stayed for a little bit. And...funny story, a group of us decided to tackle the corn maze. ;) My friend and I led the group, but somehow we managed to lead the group around a circle about 6 or 7 times. :D Don't worry, we got out of there! ;)

GUESS WHAT?!?!?! My brother got a blog! This Sunday, Roby saw that I was getting things in the mail to review for my blog, and he got inspired and wanted to get a blog of his own. :) His blog has to do with his #1 passion, fishing. Please leave a comment and maybe, even follow. This week Roby has been getting comments from family members, and he freaks out when they comment. Imagine how excited he would be if someone he doesn't even know commented! ;)
You can view his blog here.

Do you like making applesauce?
Have you ever met someone that was allergic to band-aids?
Do you go to youth group??
 

20 comments:

  1. I have never made applesauce but I love eating it! I am allergic to some types of band-aids and I got to the youth group at my church. I hope that you enjoy your weekend!

    I think that I shared this with you before but I'm having a gift swap here : http://spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com/2015/10/2015-gift-swap-november-december.html

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Wow, I have never met someone else who is allergic to band-aids!

      Delete
  2. Those apples are so pretty! One of my friends I know actually is allergic to bandaids with I found out when I went to get her one and she screamed when I pulled it out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool! My Mom has also made applesauce before-it smells so good. Most the apples grown around where we live tastes terrible, our county is more of a feed-corn place, lol. I'm currently going to my friends youthgroup. You can check out my blog at.... http://lovelypinkduckshome.blogspot.com/
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm...I can just imagine the smell... ;) Aw, thanks stinks! That is so cool! Do you like going to youth group? I looovvvee it.

      Delete
  4. Ugh, I love apple picking, it's so much fun! And don't worry, I cut my fingers like 5 times per day xD I hate corn mazes, I SUCK at them :P

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am so clumsy, it's just....natural. I think everyone is bad at corn mazes! :)

      Delete
  5. How fun! Apple picking is awesome! I have helped make applesauce before. I can't say its my favorite thing to do, but it is deffantly worth the worth for the result! =D I'm allergic to baind-aids too! I get hives or blisters if I use them. =P The corn maze sounds awesome, even getting stuck in it! ;D I don't go to youth group, but yours sounds cool! Thanks for sharing!
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!! :) After the hours that you spend making Apple sauce, it is definitely worth it!! Really, I never knew so many people were allergic to band-aids! I get a rash. It was still fun! :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Have you ever made candied apple sauce? That stuff is awesome! Yeah, me neither!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
    3. Candied apple sauce?? I have never heard of it! It sounds really sugary!

      Delete
    4. Its really fun. You just put Red Hots into normal apple sauce and let it melt. Its great! =D

      Delete
  6. Ooh I love applesauce! I make it a lot and it's yummy! I love the picture of you, your brother, and your mom. I know how the sun gets in your eyes a lot. It happened to me this week. Lol ;P I went into a corn maze before. It was a blast! I do go to a youth group, but I don't go much anymore. ;( Great post Abigail! Oh and also I wanted to ask you to check your email. I have a email that I need you to reply for asap for our blog. Thanks! :)
    ~Ellie;P
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Ah, it is so good! Especially the cinnamon flavored ones. ;) Thanks! photo creds go to my dad. :) Corn mazes are so much fun, aren't they?? I sent you an email! :)

      Delete
  7. I loveeeee baking with apples!! It looks like you guys had a great time! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your pictures!! Sounds like fun! Oh and I check out ( and commented ) on your brothers blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was super fun. :) Thanks for checking out and commenting on Roby's blog! Roby was just talking about your comment! You inspired him to make a new post. Thank you!

      Delete