Wednesday, September 2, 2015

wooden crate || cookies


 
Hello everyone! How is your September going?? I can't believe it...it has been 100 degrees for several days straight. I am sooo ready for cool weather! So far this month has been good for me. Yesterday I went on a bike ride, went thrift shopping (and got some fall clothes, including an ADORABLE jean jacket!!), did some schoolwork, helped my friend's mom bring boxes to her car, went to Dick's (for the future baseball star brother of mine ;) ), went to Michaels, and I read a little bit from the new book I got in the mail. Today I didn't really feel like going outside in the hot and uncomfortable weather, so I stayed inside and read and did other random things. ;) Eventually, I did go outside, to go on a bike ride with my brother. I love the sound of leaves crunching under my bike tires. ;)
 
I got a wooden crate from Michaels, along with blue paint and a paint brush. My mom had the brilliant idea to hang it up on my wall and use it as a bookshelf for all my favorite books. I painted most of it last night, and put some finishing touches on it today. :) I'll be sure to take some pictures to show to you all soon. ;)
 
I recently tried lettering and making things out of clay...it is so fun! I made "two peas in a pod", a cheeseburger, a donut, a s' more, and some other stuff. I have also been baking a lot of cookies... pumpkin chocolate chip, anyone?? ;D
 
 

6 comments:

  1. This is a great post! It's been really hot here too. I am SO ready for fall. Your dog is so cute, and the cookies look really yummy. Glad your first days of September have been good :)

    ~Lilah
    www.worldofmagic-ljs.blogspot.com
    Jessica is my Mom's username. Some blogs don't let me use Name/URL... not sure why ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two peas in a pod look so cute! That's sad to here the weather is too hot-- here it swooped from being 70 degrees all the way down to the 20s-- in one week! It's kind of because the state I live in has four seasons but summer and winter are the only prominent ones, so when it gets to the seasons of spring and fall, it doesn't really seem to "exist", if it makes any sense.

    xoxo Morning

    P.S. Pumpkin chocolate chip sounds SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! :)

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to do hand lattering. What? That hot? And I'm complaining! I want winter too!
    ~Bernie;P
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com
    P.S. You've been nominated by me for the Awesome Food Award! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see how the bookshelf looks! And I LOVE the necklace you made! Such a great job. You are so talented, Abi! I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete