Saturday, August 15, 2015

My 12th Birthday || Schoolwork

















Yesterday was my 12th birthday! When I first woke up, I went downstairs and my parents gave me their present, and my brother gave me his present--reeces peanut butter cups! yum! My mom also pulled out Bean Boozled for us to play later that day (did you notice our new school stuff is making a cameo in that picture?? ;) ).

 We ate breakfast and drove to D.C. to go to a famous cupcake store; Georgetown Cupcakes. Georgetown Cupcakes has its own T.V. show called D.C. Cupcakes, and that's how I heard about it. I was really surprised when we went in, because it was so tiny! We picked out a dozen to bring home with us, and they were amazing! There was a big window were you could watch them make the cupcakes, and it felt a little weird staring at them and taking pictures of them.
We decided to stop at Burger King to get some lunch then came home.

I spent a few hours reading my Bible and watching Bringing Up Bates.. waiting for my dad to get home from work was so difficult! When he got home, (he brought me some beautiful flowers!) we went to IHOP for dinner and I got two strips of bacon, eggs, toast, two pieces of sausage, and two pancakes! I couldn't finish everything! When our waitress heard it was my birthday, she brought me a bowl of ice cream!

We went to Cold Stone afterwards for some A-MAZ-ING ice cream! Then we went to Michaels, and then the pet store, were I got another fish (post on that later!). We came home and set up the tent for a campout in the back yard! We were going to make s'mores and play bean boozled, but we were way too full for that! :D My birthday was wonderful, and I will remember it forever. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------
I am so excited for school to start! We are planning on starting on Monday, because we already have most of our school books in the mail. The curriculums my mom chose sound like so much fun! I am mostly looking forward to Science and History, because I get to do lots of science experiments, and with History, we will read a book that has to do with each time period and topic we will be learning about. I also really like the photos in the History book. Now that I will be homeschooled, I will have more time to learn more things, like playing the piano, cross-stitch, and crochet!

When is your birthday?
Do you have a subscription to the Kings Blooming Rose Magazine?
Would you recommend it?
What are your feelings on school starting back up?






17 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!! You had a very fun birthday it sounds like!
    I hope you check out my blog and please follow by email. And please enter my giveaway too! (if you want)
    Love,
    Ashley
    http://creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com/2015/08/its-time-for-a.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    My birthday is on Halloween, so I still have a ways to go:)
    I love Georgetown Cupcakes! I went their one time and we had to wait FOREVER to get in, although it was tiny. On TV it seems so much bigger...
    I love sleeping in a tent in my backyard.
    I'm okay about school starting, but I don't stat until September 8th.
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I know what you mean! On TV it seems huge! ;) Do you go to a public school or are you homeschooled?

      Delete
  3. THAT CUPCAKE PLACE OMG *mouth waters* I always have homemade cupcakes for my birthday but maybe next year I should go to a bakery...that way no one can stop me from eating all the cupcakes *evil laughter*

    Anyway, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAYYYY *throws glitter and confetti*

    That sounds like the best, food-filled birthday ever! Burger King and IHOP are definitely go-to places for birthday meals, as well as Cold Stone as I think they give you a free scoop for your birthday...? I can't remember though.

    What's the name of the curriculum you're using for history? Because that sounds a bit familiar...

    Isn't homeschooling awesome? When I first started out, I got to do school and so many other hobbies as well--and the hobbies got to count for school credits!

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahahahahahaha, thanks Olivia!! :D It was! :) The curriculum we are using is called America The Beautiful. It is awesome!! ;) What are your favorite hobbies?

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Abigail Grace! I hope you had a wonderful day! I have been doing school for three weeks now. It's been busy, but a blessing to learn more. If you start back to school, have a wonderful time and a lovely week!

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! Mmmm, those cupcakes look really good, and so do those peanut butter cups! My Birthday is March 4th. :)
    I'm really excited for school to start back up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Your birthday sounded awesome. My birthday is in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy {really!} early birthday!!

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday, Abigail! :D My twevelth birthday and the year that followed was a good year for me, and I'm pretty sure it will be good for you, too!

    You are super lucky to go to a cupcake store in D.C.! My family lives in a state where we're a bit far from anything, so the best we could do is watch a movie and get some pizza from the amazing pizza place.

    Is Michaels one of your favorite stores? Just curious. :) But the pet shop-- ah, fish are just the cutest pets ever! I know you're going to do another post about it, but would you at least be able to tell the name? Cold Stones is the best, by the way. ;)

    School is starting up for me on Wednsday, and as much as I would like for the summer to go on, I'm pumped and enthusiastic for it-- that just means more awkward moments with my friends, and I enjoy that kind of thing. :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Morning! Michaels is one of my favorite stores! I love crafts. ;) The fish`s name is... Butter. I know, random! I know what you mean.. a new school year means more hilarious moments with your friends! :D

      Delete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday! Your birthday sounded so fun! Did that cupcake store maybe go to cupcake wars? I got bean boozled for my birthday too!
    ~Ellie;P
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete