Saturday, August 29, 2015

Interview with Olivia

I recently got to swap interviews with the amazing, talented, HILARIOUS author of Life as a Young Lady, Olivia! ;)
Life as a Young Lady










Why did you start blogging? I started blogging in 2013 as a school assignment--I never expected to
 get to where I am now!

How did you come up with your blog name? It's a little embarrassing--I really just wanted a title that started with a letter from my name, and since people are always calling me a "young lady", I conjured up "Life as a Young Lady" since it started with the "L" from my name. Deep, I know.

What are your favorite activities? Sleeping, eating, watching two seasons of a show in one sitting, reading occasionally, blogging, and wasting a shocking amount of time on Pinterest.

Who is your inspiration? Aside from Jesus, Who I really need to aspire more to be like, I've always felt like Maya Angelou was a good example of black excellence, especially in writing--which, I've been told, is one of my talents.

What would you prefer--camping or staying in a hotel? Staying in a hotel for sure! I haven't stayed in a hotel in a really long time and I miss it so much. Besides, I'm terrified of bugs and animals so camping *Simon Cowell voice* is a no from me.

Skirts or dresses? I'm not too fond of either but if I had to pick, I'd choose skirts--I can put together more of a causal look with more skirts than with my dresses.

What is one thing most people don't know about you? This is a weird one--brace yourselves--but just today I noticed that when I'm commenting really nice compliments on other people's blogs, I make a duck face. I DON'T KNOW WHY I JUST DO PLS HELP

Favorite book? After the Bible, I'd have to say The Hunger Games. And also every book in A Series of Unfortunate Events (so excited for the TV show adaption coming to Netflix and hoping that I'll be able to watch it)

How do you see yourself in 20 years? Wow...in twenty years I'll be thirty-five years old...that sounds so strange. Well, I hope to have a steady job doing...whatever makes me happy, I guess. And I hope to be keeping up my blog, and my YouTube channel. And I hope to have dyed my hair at least once.

Describe your bedroom. My bedroom is in transition. I had a lot of my little girl stuff in there but I cleared it all out and I'm currently stocking up on posters to hang. Right now, over my bed, I've got a little arrangement of scarves hanging with some shopping bags from stores like Forever 21 and Hollister pinned to the wall. My other walls are pretty bare right now as I really want to paint them, but I suppose I'll have to settle for papering them with posters. Other than that, I've got books and papers stacked in my corners, a dresser covered in empty notebooks, and a bookshelf overflowing with things I need to throw out (old journals and workbooks, etc.)

What is your favorite thing to do in the summertime? SLEEEEP. And also watch Netflix. And when I'm not doing either of those, go to a pool or water park. Or go shopping. Or go to a movie. Or spend the night at my friend's house. Or--oh, wait, you said favorite. As in, one. Oops
 
---------------------------------------------------------
I love your answers, Olivia! You are hilarious! We swapped interviews, so stay tuned to her blog to see my answers to her questions!
 
 
 
 
P.S. Stay tuned to the blog for a....GIVEAWAY!!!

5 comments:

  1. I like staying in hotels too, but... I am trying not to scream about you not liking camping. XD You should come to where I live, where you can also camp by the ocean and there are no bugs! Except when you have to hike back into town to go to the public shower place, of course. Great interview!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading Olivia's answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! I'm excited for a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! Thanks so much for enrolling into my Blogger Choice Awards! You can start nominating on my blog in your comments :)

    Rukiya XX

    ReplyDelete