Sunday, July 26, 2015

Gotcha Day || Homeschool












One reason why I love summer is because we get to do things that we normally wouldn't do otherwise.. like taking a photography class from a professional (it was so much fun and challenging!), kite flying, and fishing (my brother goes fishing all the time, but just now I decided to come along...see that second-to-last picture? Yep, that's the monster I caught! lol!).

We also got to celebrate Lexi's (my dog's) Gotcha Day (The day we got her from the pet store)! A year ago on July 23, we walked into the pet store, because my dad and I begged mom to let us ;), and saw Lexi in the last-change animal rescue. We fell in love with her! We ended up buying her that day (which happened to be the day after we moved into our house!). I made a banner to celebrate and my mom and I made homemade dog treats. ;) We also made human treats, too, which were no-bake nutella and oatmeal cookies! They were amazing!

My dad got us a swing! He tied it to a branch on the tree in our front yard, and it is so much fun! Roby and I love running outside barefoot and jumping on. ;) I look forward to when it snows in the winter, because I think it will be awesome swinging while it snows!

Aannd... now for the most exciting part of all! I have been stressing for quite some time about starting middle school (7th grade), and I have been praying about it for a while, too. Well, a few days ago God answered my prayers, and my mom and dad told me that my brother and I are going to be homeschooled! I am really looking forward it! I have been homeschooled before; for 5th grade. It will be especially nice in the winter, because when everyone is at school, I will be in my warm, cozy bed! ;D
P.S. I have been reading like crazy for our trip! I have gotten up to 13 and a half hours, which means I get $13. 50!


13 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! You took a photography class from a pro? That's awesome!

    ~Noor
    www.alittlebitofsunshineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The class was a lot of fun, but I will never understand all that stuff about ISO and Aperture. ;) it seems so complicated!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Homeschooling! Awesome! I started Homeschooling in 6th grade (has it been four years already???) and I really loved it. Of course, for me, classes have just gotten harder over time--but it sure is great the first year ^^

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?? ;) I loved it when I was homeschooled for 5th grade!

      Delete
  3. Yay! You'll love homeschooling!! :) Seriously, it is the best. You are able to bond with your sibling (or in my case siblings! lol) and learn so much more enjoyably. Of course, I've never been to public school...but I have had friends and they all agree that homeschooling is WAY better. :D And a photography course is awesome! What did you learn that stuck with you the most? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It will be so much fun! Plus, I get to do my little brother's science projects with him! Mostly the stuff about shutter speed, aperture and ISO. That was the first time I ever heard about it!

      Delete
  4. i thought i had the same camera and started freaking out. but i don't. so awkward.
    this was a great post!

    xoxo
    ms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I know. So awkward. (lol!) ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Lucky! I'd love to be homeschooled and do it in the fashion of unschooling, but my parents are always out of the house much of the time that my grandma is really the only one looking after my brother and I, so basically that leaves the public schooling option as our last options. Your summer sounds amazing! :D A photography class?!?!?

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am definitely excited about it!

      Delete
  6. Hi Abigail! You won mT giveaway! Please emai me at sdmusk@chartermi.net so I can send you your prize! Thanks!
    -Hannah M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love that last photograph! It looks like the mountains :)

    Emily // Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!!! You'll LOVE being homeschooled! It's awsome!

    ReplyDelete