Friday, May 1, 2015

I'm a bubble-blowing machine! | Writing a Novella

            Today I stayed home from school, because I have strep throat. I stayed in my pajamas all day and relaxed. I went on the laptop and watched T.V.
            
When Roby came home from school, he went outside and blew bubbles. I thought it would make a cool picture.



 "Look at me! I'm a bubble-blowing machine!", Roby.




                                   _____________________________________________

I'm writing a novella! Which is like a book, novel, or short story. At the moment, I am at 503 words (I just started today).

Here's a summary:

Emily is an 11-year-old girl living with her grandmother and baby sister, Maya. Emily's life has always been a mystery to her. When her grandmother dies and the house burns down, Emily is left alone with her baby sister to take care of. With help from a local church, the girls go in foster care. Now Emily has her own room, and must learn how to read and write at school.  She goes to church and learns about God. Emily is on a mission to find out who she is.


Here's an excerpt:

Now, as Emily sat down with Maya on her lap, she pulled a letter out of her pocket. Unfolding the letter, Emily was clueless. Who was this letter from and what did it say? Emily found the letter in a box in her old cottage. Emily, not knowing how to read, made an oath to herself that she would learn how to read someday. Emily turned the envelope upside down, and something shiny slid out. She picked it up and played with it, turning it between her fingers. It was a necklace. It was a sparkly cross, and Emily instantly put it on. Not only was it a necklace, but it was her very first necklace. Emily thought it was the most beautiful thing she’d ever seen.


My goal is to write at least 20,000 words.



                                                                     xoxo,
                                  
                                                                     Abi


 

3 comments:

  1. Your novella sounds interesting! I just finished mine for camp nano with 30,903 words! :D Now comes editing... :D Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the one who inspired me to write it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad to be an inspiration! :D

      Delete